About Us

Kristin is a Southern Georgia belle, who graduated from UGA as a veterinarian May 2010. Carter grew up in NC, went on to seminary, became an ordained pastor, and has completed his doctorate of ministry. After retiring from full-time ministry, Carter is thoroughly enjoying being a financial advisor (and volunteering on the ministry side of things). After about a month of emailing, asking questions, and going through the steps of eharmony.com, we were full of excitement and became very eager to meet one another face to face. October 25, 2009, we met and enjoyed every minute together. We had no doubt God was going to strengthen our relationship with Him as well as with one another. Carter proposed August 9, 2010 on the boat in the middle of Lake Wylie at sunset. Kristin said "Yes" after some happy tears. We got married April 2, 2011 and what an amazing beautiful day that was! God has continued to bless us throughout our marriage. On May 18, 2017, our family grew when God gave us our son, Micah. We look forward to see what He has in store for us each and every day. We are super blessed to be serving the Lord wherever we are. God is constantly surprising us with new callings!

The Heart Of Friendship


My closest friends know how much I love the verse Proverbs 17:17, which reads: “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.”  I have been praying alot lately in regards to if I truly love my friends at all times?  Do you? Even through the tough times?  Frustrations? Disagreements? Different beliefs?  It’s easy when all is terrific, but it’s difficult at other times, isn’t it? Regardless of what’s going on, I want to so badly share His love with all of my friends.  I’ve been challenged with this recently. How do you respond when a friend claims to be a Christian, yet most of their actions say otherwise?  Or those that want to be Christ-like, but they aren’t going to church, aren’t digging into scripture, and definitely aren’t trying to live scripturally? Do you communicate in love with those friends?  Or do you let ‘it’ slide and pretend everything is “okay,” even though it’s not? I strive to follow Ephesians 4:2-3 by being “ completely humble, gentle, patient, and bearing with one another in love. I pray that I make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." Boy oh boy, walking the walk and talking the talk isn’t always easy! Being a child of His is probably the most difficult life task at times. Yes, we are called to love each other, to forgive one another, to hold each other accountable...and the list goes on.
Some of us are separated by distance now, or are married, or have kids, or are drowning in work (or all of the above), and we don’t talk/see each other as much as we’d like. How cool is it to catch up right where we left off the times we can visit, talk on the phone, or exchange emails? I don’t say it enough, but thank you to those of you, who have been honest with me, no matter what.  Thank you for being there. Thank you for the memories of laughter and awesome fellowship.  Thanks for the listening ear or shoulder to cry on. I am so blessed! I thank God every day for placing you in my life, whether it be for a reason, season, or lifetime.  " ... A sweet friendship refreshes the soul." Proverbs 27:9b (MSG)  I do pray that I continue to be the friend God calls me to be and that our friendship brings Him glory. Oh how I cherish each and every one of you!  Praising Him for placing you in our lives!  What a blessing you are to both Carter and me!!! 
0 Responses