About Us

Kristin is a Southern Georgia belle, who graduated from UGA as a veterinarian May 2010. Carter grew up in NC, went on to seminary, became an ordained pastor, and has completed his doctorate of ministry. After retiring from full-time ministry, Carter is thoroughly enjoying being a financial advisor (and volunteering on the ministry side of things). After about a month of emailing, asking questions, and going through the steps of eharmony.com, we were full of excitement and became very eager to meet one another face to face. October 25, 2009, we met and enjoyed every minute together. We had no doubt God was going to strengthen our relationship with Him as well as with one another. Carter proposed August 9, 2010 on the boat in the middle of Lake Wylie at sunset. Kristin said "Yes" after some happy tears. We got married April 2, 2011 and what an amazing beautiful day that was! God has continued to bless us throughout our marriage. On May 18, 2017, our family grew when God gave us our son, Micah. We look forward to see what He has in store for us each and every day. We are super blessed to be serving the Lord wherever we are. God is constantly surprising us with new callings!

May: Carter's Corner


"Whoever serves Me must follow Me; and where I am, My servant also will be.My Father will honor the one who serves Me." 
John 12:26

When asked the question: “What does it mean to you to be a Christian?”, what is your response??

If it is that you are a follower of Christ or a disciple of Christ, then you are on the right road. But I have a shocker for you. “You can’t be a follower of Christ unless you actually follow Christ!” It is a simple statement but profound none the less. Early on in my scuba adventures, I didn’t always do a good job of following my dive buddies and I found myself lost. (One of the top scuba rules is to ALWAYS stay with your buddy.) The same thing happens in our walk with Christ. If we turn away from Christ just for a moment, we can easily get lost. Again, you can’t be a follower of Christ unless you actually follow Christ. We have just spent the last 30 weeks reading through The Story, doing a synopsis, in order, of THE ENTIRE BIBLE, old and new testaments all together. Through the process of going through The Story, I have been reminded of how very clear the Bible is about how we should live, and how scripture is black and white with no grey area. So often, we want to ignore what the Bible tells us to do as well as ignore how Christ told us to live. The truth is that we can’t be a follower of Christ and do whatever we want to. Just like when I am diving, I can’t follow the group and also go off on my own. I’m either following the group, or I’m not. I’m either following Christ in ALL that He says or I’m not following at all. It’s all or nothing. If you have never surrendered to Christ or gone “All In” before, why not commit to Him and go all in today?
 
0 Responses