About Us

Kristin is a Southern Georgia belle, who graduated from UGA as a veterinarian May 2010. Carter grew up in NC, went on to seminary, became an ordained pastor, and has completed his doctorate of ministry. After retiring from full-time ministry, Carter is thoroughly enjoying being a financial advisor (and volunteering on the ministry side of things). After about a month of emailing, asking questions, and going through the steps of eharmony.com, we were full of excitement and became very eager to meet one another face to face. October 25, 2009, we met and enjoyed every minute together. We had no doubt God was going to strengthen our relationship with Him as well as with one another. Carter proposed August 9, 2010 on the boat in the middle of Lake Wylie at sunset. Kristin said "Yes" after some happy tears. We got married April 2, 2011 and what an amazing beautiful day that was! God has continued to bless us throughout our marriage. On May 18, 2017, our family grew when God gave us our son, Micah. We look forward to see what He has in store for us each and every day. We are super blessed to be serving the Lord wherever we are. God is constantly surprising us with new callings!

Worthy

“Hosanna, Hosanna. You are the God who saves us, worthy of all our praises. Hosanna, Hosanna. Come have Your way among us, we welcome You here, Lord Jesus.” 

This was part of a chorus to a song I heard on the way to church a couple weeks ago. The words “You are worthy of all our praises” were in my head most of that day...and many days since then!  How often do we praise Our Father? Do we praise Him daily for everything He’s given us? Or do we just turn to Him in the storms? Do we praise Him for who He is? Do we praise Him for the little things? What about the big things? What defines the difference of little and big? What about the struggles that in the end glorify God more than had the “journey” been smooth sailing? Do we stop long enough to truly say “thank you?”

“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Psalm 107:1

This song really got me thinking and thanking God for: 
Who He is! Scripture. A church. My godly husband. A roof over my head. A job. Family. Friends. My students. Worship. Accountability. Praise songs. A warm shower. Sunday School Family. Love. Various “struggles” (that in the end I would have not changed one bit). Grandparents (a special bond). A car that runs. Women’s Ministry. Having all 5 senses. Mentors. Good health. Past experiences. A testimony. Water to drink. Faith. Sunsets. Advanced education. JAM kiddos. The Beach. Upcoming opportunity to walk the footsteps of Jesus. Doctors. Challenges that have taught me to lean on Him even more. Food to eat. Forgiveness. Seasons of Life. Soft pillows and warm blankets. Hope. Communication. Prayer. And of course this list could go on and on.

This is an entry that could easily go on for pages, but I will close here with Psalm 92: 1-5.


It is good to praise the Lord
and make music to your name, O Most High,
to proclaim your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night,
to the music 
of the ten-stringed lyre
and the melody of the harp.
For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord;
I sing for joy at the works of your hands.
How great are your works, O Lord,
how profound your thoughts!

1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    Kris,
    What a wonderful piece, this blog of yours. My daily prayer includes: Thanks for another day, praise and glory to God, thanks for Jesus and the Holy Spirit who continues to guide everything I do. God's help that I can glorify His name yet another day in all that I do - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:10-12 (in Context) Jeremiah 29 (Whole Chapter)

    We expect to close on our house next Wednesday, 1/29, and are now finalizing our packing. We expect to begin building our new home in Gainesville in the next couple of weeks! We are excited to see what God has planned for us - "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” Isaiah 6:7-9

    Blessings to you and Carter in your ministries!

    Bill