About Us

Kristin is a Southern Georgia belle, who graduated from UGA as a veterinarian May 2010. Carter grew up in NC, went on to seminary, became an ordained pastor, and has completed his doctorate of ministry. After retiring from full-time ministry, Carter is thoroughly enjoying being a financial advisor (and volunteering on the ministry side of things). After about a month of emailing, asking questions, and going through the steps of eharmony.com, we were full of excitement and became very eager to meet one another face to face. October 25, 2009, we met and enjoyed every minute together. We had no doubt God was going to strengthen our relationship with Him as well as with one another. Carter proposed August 9, 2010 on the boat in the middle of Lake Wylie at sunset. Kristin said "Yes" after some happy tears. We got married April 2, 2011 and what an amazing beautiful day that was! God has continued to bless us throughout our marriage. On May 18, 2017, our family grew when God gave us our son, Micah. We look forward to see what He has in store for us each and every day. We are super blessed to be serving the Lord wherever we are. God is constantly surprising us with new callings!

It's a bird. It's a plane. It's a pelican!!!!

“He must become greater; I must become less.” John 3:30
What comes to mind when you see pelicans flying together?  Carter and I FINALLY made it to the beach to chill out for a couple hours the other day.  We saw pelicans fly over the ocean as well as above our heads and the sandy beach.  On both occasions, the pelican who was initially the leader switched spots with a fellow pelican friend.  I smiled, looked at Carter, and said, “That’s what leadership is all about.  Our young men and women studies as well as the adult Sunday school class are doing this!!! How awesome is that?”

So often in the work place, churches, bible studies, people get in a routine.  Let’s just sit here and let ONE PERSON do all the work.  “I’m not good enough.” “I don’t know the Bible well enough.”  “That makes me move out of my comfort zone.” “I can’t do that.”  “You know more than I do.”  “I don’t have time.” 

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”
 James 4:10
I remember the first time I prayed out loud…bright red faced and sweating like crazy.  Or the first time I co-taught a lesson for a Women’s Study with a mentor…scared to death, as nervous as I could have been.  We all have to start somewhere, right?  We all have these “I can’t do it” moments.  I have said it many times, “If I, Kristin, were the one leading, I wouldn’t be! God is the One leading through me!”  It’s so not about me, it’s about Him!!!!  

It’s been awesome watching the baby steps being taken for our Young Adults here at PIPC.  Some have found out they LOVED spending time with the youth or children.  Or, “I survived teaching Sunday School! That wasn’t bad at all.”  Or, “I can read scripture out loud…”  “God equips me so that I can glorify Him!!!!”

Boy is God at work, and we love it!  We see it all the time, but enjoy when others see it and share as well.  Carter and I can’t do it all.  We appreciate all who have trusted God, stepped out in faith, and have joined us in leading our children, youth, and young adults!  Love you!

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 
1 Peter 4:10

Where are you in the line of pelicans?  Are you ready to shift forward?  If so, go for it!  (I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Phil 4:13)  If not, what’s holding you back? 

0 Responses