About Us

Kristin is a Southern Georgia belle, who graduated from UGA as a veterinarian May 2010. Carter grew up in NC, went on to seminary, became an ordained pastor, and has completed his doctorate of ministry. After retiring from full-time ministry, Carter is thoroughly enjoying being a financial advisor (and volunteering on the ministry side of things). After about a month of emailing, asking questions, and going through the steps of eharmony.com, we were full of excitement and became very eager to meet one another face to face. October 25, 2009, we met and enjoyed every minute together. We had no doubt God was going to strengthen our relationship with Him as well as with one another. Carter proposed August 9, 2010 on the boat in the middle of Lake Wylie at sunset. Kristin said "Yes" after some happy tears. We got married April 2, 2011 and what an amazing beautiful day that was! God has continued to bless us throughout our marriage. On May 18, 2017, our family grew when God gave us our son, Micah. We look forward to see what He has in store for us each and every day. We are super blessed to be serving the Lord wherever we are. God is constantly surprising us with new callings!

Broken Shells


Do you like to pick up sea shells while walking on the beach?  I do.  It’s relaxing to me...listening to the ocean, strolling, feeling like it’s just God and me out there.  Not to mention, it’s a great way to get sun on your back. Wink.  Do you pick up any and all shells you come across?  Or just certain ones?  Do you pick up even the broken ones? I can’t tell you how many broken shells I have picked up but then end up throwing them back down in the sand.  
Aren’t we blessed that God picks us up, loves us, and accepts us just the way we are? Isaiah 43:4 says we are precious and honored in His sight, and...He loves us!  Isn’t it even neater that He loves us so much that He won’t leave us broken, like the way He found us? (I can’t help but think of a project we just did the other day with all different kinds of shells...yes, even the broken ones.) Ephesians 2 reminds us that we are God’s masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Jesus Christ!  According to Isaiah 62:3, we are a crown of splendor in His hand, a royal diadem in the hand of Our God!  Do you let Him change you?  Do you let Him mold you into the person He wants you to be? “We are the clay; He is the potter” Isaiah 64: 8.  
So many thoughts came to mind as I walk the shoreline praising our Amazing Creator!
While discussing this, the song that came to Carter’s mind was “Beautiful Things” by Gungor.  See the lyrics below.
This is a HUGE shell I found while strolling the beach with a friend.  I could only see about 2 inches of it.  Reached for it, tugged at it, rocking it back and forth in the sand until it came loose.  Couldn't believe it was a full conch shell, critter-free!  (The pencil is for size-comparison.)
“Beautiful Things”
All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all
Chorus:
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You
Repeat Chorus 2x
You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
You are making me new
Chorus 2x
You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new

Listen to "Beautiful Things" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uumI-PdeZzY

0 Responses